Dell Rolls Out 32-Inch QHD Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF): Up To 165Hz with FreeSync 2
Having launched a revamped version of its flagship Alienware 34-inch curved gaming display, Dell has also put together something similar for the broader mid-range gaming market. Dell new 32-inch QHD Curved Gaming Monitor is slightly smaller overall, but it offers variable refresh support via FreeSync 2 of up to 165 Hz, along with support for HDR content.
Like many other FreeSync 2-enabled displays, the 32-inch monitor (model S3220DGF) uses a 31.5-inch curved VA panel featuring a 2560×1440 resolution, 400 nits brightness (typical), a 3000:1 contrast ratio, 178°/178° viewing angles, a 4 ms GtG response time, and a 165 Hz maximum refresh rate. In fact, Dell’s 32-inch Curved Gaming Monitor is one of the industry’s first FreeSync 2-enabled LCDs of this size and curvature, an important distinction since FreeSync sets requirements for panel quality and HDR support. As for the variable refresh range, it is rather wide: from 48 Hz to 144/165 Hz depending on the connection.
The 32-inch monitor can display 1.07 billion of colors and can reproduce 92.4% of the DCI-P3 color gamut, 99.7% of the sRGB color gamut, and 89.2% of the CIE 1931 gamut. It also carries the DisplayHDR 400 badge, so while it's only marginally an HDR monitor, it does support at least HDR10 transport as well as some kind of local dimming for added contrasts.
Being a gaming display, the S3220DGF supports a number of features aimed at the target audience, including an on-screen timer, frame rate counter, and what Dell calls a "dark stabilizer" to provide better visuals in dark scenes in games.
As for connectivity, the monitor is equipped with one DisplayPort 1.2 input, two HDMI ports, a triple-port USB 3.0 hub, and two 3.5-mm audio jacks. Meanwhile, the S3220DGF features an adjustable stand with built-in cable management slots.
|The Dell 32 Curved Gaming Display|
|Native Resolution||2560 × 1440|
|Maximum Refresh Rate||165 Hz|
|Response Time||4 ms GtG|
|Brightness||400 cd/m² (typical)|
|Viewing Angles||178°/178° horizontal/vertical|
|Color Gamut||99.7% sRGB/BT.709|
89.2% CIE 1931
|Dynamic Refresh Rate Tech||AMD FreeSync 2|
48 – 165 Hz over DP
48 – 144 Hz over HDMI
|Pixel Pitch||0.2767 mm²|
|Pixel Density||91.79 PPI|
|Inputs||1 × DisplayPort 1.2|
2 × HDMI 2.0
|Audio||3.5 mm output|
3.5 mm input
|USB Hub||2 × USB 3.0 Type-A connectors|
1 × USB 3.0 Type-C input
|Stand Adjustments||Height: ±150 mm|
Tilt: -5˚ – 21˚
Swivel: -30˚ – 30˚
The Dell 32 Curved Gaming Display (S3220DGF) will be available starting from August 28 and will carry a price tag of $599.99, which, it goes without saying, is considerably less than the price of the Alienware 34.
- Dell Reveals Alienware 34 Curved Monitor: WQHD IPS with 120Hz G-Sync
- AOC’s CQ32G1 Curved Monitor: 31.5 Inch, 144 Hz, FreeSync, Sub $400
- JapanNext Launches 35-Inch "UWHD" Curved LCD: AMVA & 200Hz Refresh w/FreeSync
- ASUS Launches ROG Swift PG27VQ: Curved 27-inch LCD with 165 Hz G-Sync & RGB Lighting
- Acer Launches Predator XN253QX Monitor with 240 Hz & 0.4 ms G2G Response Time
- AOC’s Agon Monitors with 0.5ms Response Time & 240 Hz Refresh Now Available
- IO Data Launches GigaCrysta 24-inch 1080p Monitors at 240 Hz with HDR10 Support
- Smooth As 240 Hz Butter: LG's 27GK750F-B, a 27-inch eSports Monitor with FreeSync, Launched for $550
Incoming search terms:
- dell s3220dgf review (16)
- dell s3220dgf monitor review (5)
- S3220DGF (4)
- Dell S3220DGF test (3)
- dell 165 hz 32inch review (3)
- dell 32 curved gaming monitor: s3220dgf review (2)
- dell S3220DGF curved gaming monitor review (1)
- Dell S3220DGF 31 5 reviiew (1)
- s3220dgf speaker (1)
- review dell s3220dgf (1)